Wednesday, December 2, 2009

what a difference

One Year ago today , we received the news that our baby would be flown to Portland. On Dec 1, She had been started back on her feeds, she had done very well all day until her 2 am feeding.
When we arrived around 8 am dec 2 and immediatly knew our life would be changing and our daughter would be flown to a higher level nicu. The Dr arrived around 830 am and ordered another x ray and was sure , at this point our baby had Nec Our minds raced in what to do, We lived 300 miles from the hosp, Should Lars fly and I drive, or should I fly.

We decided pretty quickly that I would fly and Lars would come by bus or be driven up by someone. I raced home grabed a bag and threw some clothes in and a few other necessary items, my mom came by and picked me up and took me back to the hospital. Not 20 min late we were on the plane to Portland.
It was a beautiful clear day , the day before was a extremely foggy and if I remember correctly there were no planes that made it off the ground that day. So I was greatful , it was clear, but it was cold. We arrived in Portland about 1 1/2 hours later.

The Dr's in Portland Immediatly ruled out Nec and thus our jouney began in Portland You can go here to see more . http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/alexandreagrace/journal/13 Our sweet Princess all bundled up and ready to go.

In daddy's arms right before they put her on the gurney to leave.

And 1 year later, Cranking her car



All smiles






Alexandrea's buddy Bella



I am so cute!!!
Thanks to everyone for the year of support, shoulders and everything you have done for us. We could not do it without you !!
Much Love,
Becky, Lars and Alexandrea







No comments:

Post a Comment