Thursday, December 24, 2009

Namesake

>When we found out we were having a little girl we were so excited. We would of been happy with a boy too but were very excited to have a little girl. Before we had found out what we were having, we had already decided on a little boys name, but we were stump for a little girl. After getting confirmation it was a girl, we get running names by each other and we just could not settle on one name.



When I entered the hospital, and after we found our she would be arriving, My sister who was visiting and throwoing me my baby showe ask if there was anything I needed. my request was the baby name book. People had give us suggetions, requests, and not to use some names in particular.



Even after we had her, we quicky discussed names, I had yet to see her little face, I saw her breifly when daddy was cutting the cord but I wanted to see her, feel her,and really just look at her.



None of the names we had discussed did we end up using. We completely changed after we saw her. When we announced the name our biggest reaaction was wow such a big name for a little girl. Another comment was why Alexandrea



We choose this name because we felt it was a great name for the little girl we just had. We felt that it fit her.



Lars mom is from Denmark, her brothers still live there, It was not until afte we had named our little girl that we found out her mother name is Alexandra Elizabeth. I never met her mother and thought her name was Elisabeth as this is what she went by.



Although we do spell her name with an additional "e" Alexandrea



On wed I received a note in the mail from Lars mom with some great photos of Alexandrea's great grand mother. I am not sure how old she was but I am guessing 18 months to 2.
I can see my little Alexandrea in her great grandma Alexandra Elisabeth





No comments:

Post a Comment