Sunday, April 19, 2009

Smiles!!

ahh something that melts my heart, I just can't help but smile when i see this every morning. It melts my heart. I just love it.











The March of Dimes holds a very special place in my heart. Because of the amazing grace of God, the might power of prayer, and the research done by the March of Dimes our baby girl is alive and well.


Until this past year I really knew nothing about the March of Dimes. Of course I knew they had an impact on babies and families, they held walks and raised money. But I didn't really know anything more.


After having Alexandrea the March of Dimes gave us us a packet full of information. The packet included information about premature babies, information about the NICU, information about how to be a parent in the NICU, and so forth. The information was very helpful. At this point in time I still didn't know exactly what the March of Dimes did. We also met the March of Dimes Head of Oregon Chapter at Doernbecker, Her Name was Jennifer, She gave me a disposable camera, and printed pictures, gave me some scrapbook supplies etc.


Since that time I have learned. And I am so very thankful. The March of Dimes conducts research. Research that helps prevent pre-term births and research that helps those babies that are born pre-term. Matter of fact in 1985 the March of Dimes funded research that led to the use of surfactant to treat respiratory distress syndrome. Babies don't have the surfactant they need in order to breathe. The minute babies are born too early surfactant is administered and helps them breath. Thank you March of Dimes! The March of Dimes also educates women on how to have a healthy pregnancy and in turn have a healthy baby. And they provide information to families with newborns in intensive care.


I will be participating in this year's walk which will be held on May 2nd and other cities is April 25th. I will be walking in honor of Alexandrea and Chaselynn and their lives. I will also be donating money to this worthy cause. If you feel led to donate to the March of Dimes you can click on the purple button in the left sidebar.

No comments:

Post a Comment